The post holder is responsible for providing support to the accounting function; ensuring that all services/ clients are appropriately billed in accordance with hospital’s procedures, to maximize the hospital’s revenues.
- Daily checking of billing sheets, specialist books, claims forms and correct any discrepancies.
- Maintaining accurate billing records of the clients.
- Collect all the information necessary to prepare bills for all clients.
- Ensure proper filling of issued invoices and all relevant documents both in soft and hard for easy retrieval and audit reference purposes.
- To ensure all bills requiring clarifications by clients are attended to promptly.
- Deal effectively and resolve incoming queries on billings from patients, corporate clients and consultants.
- Preparing credit companies’ bills and invoices for services rendered.
- Weekly consolidation and dispatching of credit companies’ invoices
- Detect errors in billing processes and make appropriate corrections
- Generate monthly invoices and account statement or all credit companies. Prepare pro-forma invoices for credit companies that request Annual Medical Exams, Pre-employment packages
- Ensure that companies undergoing medical exams provide us with their staffs list and date of birth before registration and billing is done.
- Work with IT department to ensure credit company packages for Annual Medical exams are set up in HMS before the medicals.
- Billing of all inpatients (IP)clients on admission for services rendered.
- Checking all inpatient bills before discharging.
- Billing and checking of all Maternity & theatre cases done.
- Making a Deposit for all Cash Clients on admission.
- Monitor on daily basis the bills of inpatients and request additional payments as may be required
- Communicate all inpatients cash clients bills to them for payment and ensure all cash inpatients settle all their bills before leaving the premise.
- Perform any other assignment assigned by the financial controller or his assigns
- Registration and billing of Insurance Clients which includes inspection and entry of card details
- Ensuring compliance with RX billing processes
- Registration and Billing of Clients on Foreign Insurance. Have sufficient knowledge or access to knowledge to provide correct information with regard to fees, excesses or co-payments on individual policies or individual procedures.
- Photocopy all insurance cards and enter details into the HMIS
- Exercising diligence in verification of clients eligibility to avoid mistakes
- Liaising with other staff (nurses, doctors, radiographers, lab operatives etc.) to ensure all patients are appropriately billed
- Preparation of monthly insurance invoices for clients.
- Regular checking, review and reconciliation of insurance bills to ensure their accuracy.
- Have sufficient knowledge of billing policy and procedures
- Have adequate knowledge of credit company contracts relating to billing
- Have sufficient knowledge to provide correct information such as prices, services etc.
- Answer patient queries with good customer relationship and refer them to appropriate quarters
Qualification and Work Experience
- Degree in Accounting, IT or relevant professional qualification.
- 2years’ working experience in a similar role will be an advantage
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word and Excel
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Ability to use computerized Accounting Package Solutions
- Up-to-date knowledge of current accounting/auditing standards and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to handle sensitive company materials and information in a confidential manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High standards of personal integrity and adherence to professional and ethical standards
- Strong time management skills
Business Development Officer
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Officer to help us expand our clientele. You have the...
Mobile App Developer
The purpose of the role is to design, develop, implement and support mobile applications for the company and its custome...
Responsible for the general operation of the office....